Sunday, January 23, 2011

Out of the Box - Jackie from Westmont


SPRING 2011
I have never experienced anything like Lithuania before. From the weather to the food to the people, it is so different here. You know what though? Different is beautiful. When I decided to come to LCC I did it because I wanted to experience something different than what I was used to. This semester at LCC has already challenged me and helped me grow as a person and it's only the beginning of the third week! It has taken me out of my comfort zone and pushed me to new limits. I could not ask for a better experience. 

I thoroughly enjoy this cultural experience that I am getting and I love the people that I am surrounded by as I go on this journey. It is humbling and wonderful to be around so many people from so many places. Everyone brings a different perspective and  everyone views life and love on a different level. It really is beautiful.


Last Sunday I went to a church that was in Lithuanian but they had headsets for translation. I was amazed that there were so many people in one building from so many backgrounds worshiping the same God. It was such a cool 'every tongue from every nation' worship experience. It's just as cool to go to school and hear all of the different languages being spoken around you. Even though everything is taught in my native tongue I am constantly hearing the sounds of other nations coming out of the other students' mouths. God created it all. Cool.

That's all from me for now. Until next time. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment