Monday, March 28, 2011

The Good Things - Jackie from Westmont

SPRING 2011
The weeks are literally flying by!! I can't even tell you how crazy it's driving me!

This semester I went to the Alpha course meetings. These courses are an intro to the Christian faith, but what I like about them is that they deal with life in general by asking the very important question: what is the meaning of life?

This weekend we had a retreat so that we could fit in all the meetings before the end of the semester. So we went to a cabin just outside of the civilization of Klaipeda and spent Friday night there. We talked about the Holy Spirit, went in the sauna, and watched a weird European movie. It was wonderful. I would encourage anyone to get involved by joining a Bible Study or the Alpha course when they come to LCC for a semester. It's a great way to meet other students as well as get a look into the European worldview.

In other news: Two of the other study abroads and I are traveling after the semester is over. Rachel and I just bought all our plane tickets! I am really excited that we have this chance to explore more of Europe!! Kirsten is going to meet us in Budapest and hang out with us there! Being able to travel...and travel for relatively cheap is a great benefit to spending a semester at LCC! I am stoked!!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment