Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Torn - Jackie from Westmont

SPRING 2011
Well folks, it has hit me. We only have about six weeks left here in Lithuania and I feel like I have so much left to explore! Things have definitely gotten busier here. There is so much to be done before the end of the semester but I am looking forward to all the fun times I have left here.

It definitely hit me this week that I am not at home. That sounds crazy, I've been here for over half a semester and it finally hit? But it's true. I think it was a combination of being really tired from Russia and not being able to talk to my family for awhile, as well as seeing all my friend's from Westmont posting pictures from their spring breaks back home. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being here and I don't think that I am ready to leave at all, but I miss some of the things that I grew up with. I am very much torn between these two places.

This semester hasn't been easy but it has been worth it! I have been learning a lot about myself, other cultures, and my own culture. I still have more to learn and I am excited to do it!

I am excited to be participating in the Parade of Stars, which is a contest that showcases each country represented at LCC. It will be a fun way to learn more about each culture and share a bit of my own culture. Speaking of that, I have to go to practice for our amazing performance which we have yet to put together!!!
It's all good, we still have two days ;)

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment