Thursday, April 21, 2011

Approaching the End - Alex from Eastern

This semester has been awesome. I am always at a loss for words when asked how this semester has been for me. So many times I just want to blurt out that its been the best, and it really has been one of the best experiences in my life. However it has not been as easy to be so far from my family and not just distant but also cut off from being able to communicate with them. I really have had an amazing semester studying abroad in Lithuania. 

Now that I have been living in Lithuania for some time I am awed at the way I view it as home. From day one I felt like it was home, but this was more of a feeling and less of how I viewed it. Now I really do feel at home here and wonder just how hard it will be to adjust back to American life. But no matter what happens I know that this semester will always be a reminder to look forward and to seize the day even if it is negative 4 degrees Celsius.

No comments:

Post a Comment