Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tinginys - Diana from Cornerstone

My boyfriend had his birthday today. I got to skype him to wish him a happy day. I also made him a birthday cake. He didn't get to eat it. But I wanted to show him I was celebrating his birthday. Also, I wanted to make a cake. I made this cake my roommate taught me to make. It's a traditional Lithuanian cake called tinginys, which means lazy bones. It's called that because it is very simple and easy to make. But it is to die for. {As in delicious.} After you put all the ingredients together, you have to let it sit in the fridge overnight so it hardens, then you have a delicious cake in the morning!

But who wants a cake in the morning? And who wants to wait so long after toiling to be able to enjoy the fruits of their labor? I would not answer "me!" to either of those questions. Neither would my roommates, who would include that they would not want to wait so long after Diana toils to enjoy the fruits of Diana's labor. So, after waiting only until choir practice was over, we dug prematurely into the tinginys with our spoons. And now it is all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment