Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Say Yes - Bryan from Union

SPRING 2012

Hello all. I am now in my second week of classes, third week in Lithuania and the time is flying by! Seriously. I am really starting to get into a daily routine, and with that comes branching out more and really getting to know more people outside of the Study Abroads. It amazes me how friendly and receptive people are of us. So with that being said, I am making a lot of new friends and not just meeting a lot of people. Big difference.

I was thinking about this experience as a whole, how much fun I am having, how many memories I'm making, the friends I will always have both in Europe and in the U.S., and how I will always be different because of the trip.

This has been such a great experience for me in so many ways. And all because I put my e-mail address on the paper passed around in my microeconomics class last year after recruiter’s short sales pitch on LCC International University. What I am trying to say is, everybody in Union's Business department heard the presentation about studying abroad in Lithuania and either thought it isn't for me, it sounds fun but no thanks, or I would love to do that someday. I thought it sounded like fun, so I put my information on the paper. Not really giving much thought to it. I just did it. And a year and a half later, here I am! If I would have simply just been hesitant for one minute and passed off the sheet, I would be at home right now playing PlayStation and counting down the days of winter break left.

Opportunities are all around us. Every single day. We can choose to either take notice to them, or just keep living our lives. It is amazing to me what happens when I say yes to something and get out of my comfort zone. Its how we grow, learn, and live an exciting life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment