Friday, December 21, 2012

The world is a book - Breanna from APU

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” - St. Augustine

I stumbled across this quote a while ago, and every once in a while, I go back to read it. And each time I read it, the more true it has become.

The world is a book. It's full of interesting characters, unbelievable places, and exciting adventures. The more time you invest in reading a book, the more you want to finish it. And once you dive in, it's impossible to stop reading. There's always something exciting that comes next.

I've begun to realize that travel is the same. The more of the world you see, the more interesting it becomes. Once you start, you can't stop. It's simply addicting. A while back, I read that, "traveling is the only thing you can buy, that makes you richer". And I couldn't agree more with this quote.

While I am still in the first chapter of this book, and certainly not yet an experienced traveler, I'm learning that this world is meant to be traveled. There are too many beautiful things to see, too much history to learn, and too many languages that need to be heard. Every country is unique in it's own way, and has a special story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment